Saturday, November 26, 2011

The official day we call “Thanksgiving” has come and gone, but hopefully our gratitude for life and all the rich blessings we enjoy every day from our Father will continue throughout the holiday season all the way into and through the New Year 2012. Cindi and I are so very thankful to be Christians and members of the Enola Church of Christ. It is difficult for me to believe that I have been your minister and friend for only five short months. It is my daily prayer and sincere desire to God for a lifetime of service to you and our Enola community.

Last Wednesday evening we had a great lesson from God’s word that reminded us of the languages of thanksgiving. We had several guests with us, here for the holiday weekend. This coming Wednesday, November 30th we will have our monthly singing. I always enjoy our time together singing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Let’s make our monthly singing a priority in our schedule for this week.

Tomorrow, Sunday, November 27th I will preaching a lesson entitled “Thanksgiving – Today and Every Day.” I am thankful when I remember the past and all that God has done for me. I am thankful when I appreciate the present and all that God is doing for me. I am thankful when I decide to trust and obey God in the future and all that He has planned for me.

On Sunday evening our series entitled “Growing – What Does It Take?” continues. This Sunday evening we will look at how we can become a warmer, more loving and compassionate congregation through fellowship. The more we come together to worship, study, pray, work, and play the warmer we become. Of course fellowship has its requirements: 1) Walking in the Light, 2) Continuing in the Apostles’ doctrine, 3) United together in the grace and discipline of Jesus Christ. May God continue to bless every member of the Enola church of Christ with all that we need!
Don’t forget our Birthday and Anniversary Get-Together at the Burleson’s tomorrow evening immediately following our Sunday evening assembly. If you are a member of your family has a birthday or an anniversary in November, come and celebrate with your fellow Christian family. We will provide drinks, cupcakes, utensils, and some finger-food snacks. If you would like to bring a finger-food snack, please do. We always have a wonderful time together. Also, we have planned a Congregational Luncheon on Sunday, December 4th following our morning worship hour. This will be my first luncheon with you. From what I hear, our Enola brothers and sisters can really cook. Please make plans to be here for this very special time of fellowship together. Remember: We grow warmer through fellowship.
Our elders will be meeting together to calculate our budget for the coming year. Please remember the Enola Church of Christ in your own budget for the rest of the year and into the coming year 2012. There is much to do to make an impact for Christ locally and in other parts of the world. Money is required. You know what Jesus said, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” We all love to receive and receiving is a blessing. A greater blessing can be found in giving. Jesus is always right. But you know that already. God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment