Friday, April 5, 2013

April Showers/May Flowers


     Can you believe that January, February, and March 2013 are now history and the April showers will soon bring us May flowers?  I love spring.  Maybe we can continue our lawn and garden work now that the cold weather has finally given way to the warm.  Everything up in the country has been waiting patiently to burst forth into blossoms and blooms.  I'm ready for brown to turn green.

     We had a fine Easter Sunday at Enola.  We had a good crowd (166) for the morning worship hour and had almost 100 for the evening worship hour.  Our weekly offering continues to increase.   God continues to bless our labors with prosperity and happiness.  We are not without our personal troubles, trials, temptations, and difficulties.  We know that through it all, God helps us and provides what we need.  You may be going through some rough times.  Read Psalm 30 and especially verse 5:  “For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life.  Weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”  Don’t you just love that verse and the entire chapter?  Look at verse 11.  “You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness.” 

     This Sunday (7th) we will study about what God sees when He looks at you and me.  Our Scripture text comes from Romans 11, the last few verses and continues into chapter 12.  Just what does God see when He looks at me or you?  He sees that we are acceptable.  We are valuable.  We are lovable.  We are forgivable.  We are capable.  Come out for Bible class at 10 and for this sermon at 11:30.  Every Sunday at 11:00 at Enola we sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs.  We do a lot of praying.  We are happy to give as we have been prospered for the Lord’s work.  We share in the Lord’s Supper.  I love being a Christian.  I love being a gospel preacher.  I especially love being a member of the Enola Church of Christ.

     On Sunday evening we will conclude with the final lesson on “The Old Rugged Cross – The Requirements.”  We have looked at courage, reason, obedience, and sacrifice.  This Sunday evening we will look at sincerity.  Just think of the CROSS and place the topics we have been discussing with each letter.  Ask yourself the following questions:

1.        Do I present what it true in my life?

2.       Am I putting on a good show, or an act?  Or am I real?

3.       Am I authentic?  What does this mean?

4.       Does who I am change depending on who is or isn’t watching?

5.       Am I serious?  Honest?  Pure?

 
     I hope you are having a good week.  From what I hear, the weather this weekend is going to be wonderful.  I’m ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment