Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Add to your Faith...


     Another week of gorgeous weather is certainly a welcome sight for us up in the country.  Don’t you just love looking out in the pasture to see all the new calves running and jumping around?  What about all the flowers popping up everywhere?  I certainly enjoy such beauties.  Just the other morning I was getting ready for work.  I looked out my bedroom window to check on the weather and saw a doe only about 50 feet from the house enjoying the new growth of grass.  She eased her way out of view after a minute or two in the open field.  I took a few minutes to thank God for His rich blessings in my life.  Isn’t it amazing what you see when you look?  Let’s do more looking so we can experience more seeing.

    Last Sunday was a very good Lord’s Day.  Every Sunday is.  We met for Bible study at 10:00 and at 11:00 for worship together.  We had several guests.  We are blessed.  I introduced a new series of sermons on “Foundation Principles – The Christian Graces.”  The lesson was about faith.  We are saved by grace through faith.  Faith is the substance of our hope and the evidence of what we cannot yet see.  Without faith we cannot please God.  In faith we must believe that God is AND that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.  God never asks anyone to believe in Him blindly.  There are such clear evidences:  circumstantial evidence, revelation evidence, and experiential evidence.  God can be seen when people decide to look.  God said through David in Psalm 47:10, “Be still and know that I am God.”  Next Sunday we will take the next “grace,” and see if we are adding virtue to our faith.  If you don’t already know, virtue simply means moral excellence.  I look forward to this series and checking my own Christian life to make sure I am in the light as He is (1 John 1:7).

     Hey!  What are doing on Wednesday’s from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.?  I know how busy life is now a days with work, school, sports, yard work, garden work, and of course we all have to rest sometime.  The Enola Church of Christ meets for Bible study and a period of singing, prayer, and fellowship every Wednesday evening at 7:00.  I have always found that I need some time in the middle of the week to refocus.  Meeting with fellow Christians on Wednesday evening helps me do just that.  I’m thinking a few minutes gathered with the church could help you too.  Give us a try and see for yourself.

     I hope to see you soon.  A drive up in the country would do you good.  No April fooling, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment