Wednesday, July 25, 2018

PRAYER THAT GETS RESULTS - Just hear me out and you'll see what I mean

July 25, 2018 – My Christian brothers and sisters at Watterson Trail in J’Town, Kentucky are alive and well, going and growing, showing and sharing the love of God in the everyday Christian life.  Things are different lately.  Our Tuesday Summer Series is simply fantastic.  I’ve often said that we have the very best gospel preachers in the entire nation within a 50-mile radius.  Our theme is “The Greatest Questions – The Greatest Answers – The Greatest Book.”  This week Brother Greg Circle from Palmyra, Indiana did an outstanding job teaching us about Jesus’ question in Matthew 16:24-28, “For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world and loses his own soul?  Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”  I always learn so much from our sessions on Tuesday’s.  If you have an hour on Tuesday, drop by 9607 Watterson Trail at 7:00 p.m. in J’Town for a lift.  Our goal is to honor God, show our devotion to Christ and our love for all.  We don’t always succeed in our goal, but we are certainly trying every day to be more and more like Jesus.  

Next Tuesday (July 31) our Brother Zack Martin from Cedar Springs will be with us to share a lesson from Hebrews 2:3 and the question “For what is your life?”

This Sunday (July 29) I’ll be preaching about prayer.  I want my prayers to get results.  Just wait a minute.  I know.  When you first think about that statement, “I want my prayers to get results” you might think that I’m being a presumptuous.  I am not being presumptuous.  I want to know that my prayers will be heard and answered according to God’s will.  Don’t you?  If not, why do we pray? Anyway, if you’ll give me the “benefit of the doubt” I’ll show you what I mean.  Our lesson Sunday morning is entitled, “What Prayer Isn’t – What Prayer Is.”  I’ll give you the first point:  Prayer is NOT negotiation.  Prayer is real.  Prayer is not what we do.  Prayer is who we are.  You’ll see.  We’ll have two points on Sunday morning and then the other two points on Sunday afternoon at 1:30.

Our “HOUSE TO HOUSE – HEART TO HEART” magazine came in this week.  This time we ordered plenty of copies, enough for you and your entire family, friends, neighbors, and anyone else.  I hope you’ll get one, read it for yourself, and then help us distribute them out to our community.  The edition is terrific.  Get yours this Sunday.  See you then, Lord willing.  God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment