Wednesday, July 20, 2011

It’s VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL time here in Enola and we’re just about ready. Every teacher will be busy this week getting everything ready. Our VBS begins this Sunday evening, July 24th at 5:00 and then Monday through Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. We will sing, prayer, study the Bible and generally have a great time together. You know that VBS is not just for kids. I will be teaching an adult Bible study every night. I hope the entire congregation at Enola will make time in their busy schedules to be here to study God’s word.

This Sunday morning we will conclude our sermon series entitled “We Are More Than Conquerors” and ask ourselves; “Where am I going?” If you are standing at the crossroads of life looking right, left, forward, and backward, which choice will you make? Will you turn to the right? Will you take a left turn? Will you move straight ahead? Will you turn around and go backward? Think. Isn’t it true that your choices depend upon where you’re going? If you don’t know where you’re going, how can you make the right choice? Does it even matter? However, if you do know where you’re going, the choice is vital to your journey and much easier to make. You will make the choice that gets you closer to your destination. Too many people in our day simply do not know where they are going in life. A question to ask ourselves: Where will I be next month, next year, in 5 years if I keep living the way I’m living? Will I be happy? Will my faith in God be stronger? Will I be closer to Jesus Christ because of my choices? What about my family and friends? Will they be drawn closer to Jesus Christ because of my choices? Will my Heavenly Father pleased with my choices? Will my choices take me one step closer to my goals and eventually to heaven? May God bless us with wisdom, faith, and vision to lift our eyes toward God, being guided His word that is a lamp to our feet and a light to our path in life (Psalm 119:105).

Cindi and I will be hosting a monthly birthday and anniversary fellowship at our house in July on Sunday evening, July 31st immediately following our 5:00 worship hour. This fellowship is for any member of the Enola congregation who has a birthday or an anniversary in July along with their family members (within reason – Ha!). We will provide the cake and drinks. If you would like to bring a “finger-food” dish of your choice, please do. This is just one more way we can get to know one another a little bit better. The more the merrier!

Cindi and I made the trip to Morrilton and the Downtown congregation on Monday night to support their Singing Seminar with Brother Burt Jones from Ohio. It was good to see the brethren there again and learn more about how we can better worship God in spirit and in truth through our singing. Let’s make a special effort to support our fellow Christian brothers and sisters in the area when they are hosting events such as this.

I look forward to seeing you on Sunday morning and Sunday evening as well as on Wednesday evening for worship, Bible study, and fellowship. Make it your aim to never miss a service.

No comments:

Post a Comment