Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I am so very THANKFUL. God is able. So are we.


It certainly is cold in Kentucky today.  The snow is certainly a beautiful sight and the sun is shining brightly.  I am thankful to be here in this beautiful place.  One thing I’ve noticed about the people of Louisville, they know how to drive in this kind of weather; steady, observant, and best of all kind and polite.  This really helps a preacher boy from Alabama through Arkansas.  I’m learning.

We’re doing very well in Jeffersontown and at Watterson Trail.  Every Sunday gets better and better.  I am thankful.  It’ll take me a few days to get adjusted to a new normal, but day by day I’ll get it done.  Please be patient with me as I place names with faces.  Thank you so much for your help, your support, your kindness, and your prayers before and since our move to J'town.

This Sunday we will continue in our sermon series; “Becoming a Great Church” with a lesson about leadership.  We will discuss the importance of reputation, character, and vision in leadership.  Paul constantly reminded his son in the faith, Timothy to be a leader, to use his time, talent, and treasure in the ministry to others.  Leaders need to lead if the church is to become great.  The church of Christ at Watterson Trail has many wonderful and talented leaders.  I am thankful.

Our 1:30 Sunday afternoon at Watterson Trail is especially rewarding to me.  I am teaching about God’s ability and then asking the church whether or not we are able.  God is able.  Are we?  This Sunday afternoon (23rd) we are looking at God’s ability to keep what we commit to Him.  He can.  Our text is 2 Timothy 1:12.  Paul writes this; “For this reason I also suffer these things, nevertheless I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.”  Just what did Paul commit to God that he thought God was able to keep?  We’ll talk about a few things. I hope you can make it to the afternoon service at Watterson Trail this coming Sunday.  You’ll be so very glad you did.

Thanksgiving is next week.  On Wednesday evening before the Thanksgiving holidays (26th) at Watterson Trail we will have a special devotional service about gratitude.  No Bible classes next Wednesday.  If you and your family are in town on Wednesday evening next week, make sure to come out for this very special time of thought and thanks.

Have a wonderful rest of the week showing and sharing God’s love wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. I very much enjoyed your lessons Sunday, and I am searching for the answer to your question about Andrew! We three Smiths are very happy to have you all with us!

    ReplyDelete