Friday, December 12, 2014

You Prayed for Me - Thank you my friends


Hello from a lovely, growing, and very busy Watterson Trail Church of Christ in beautiful Jeffersontown, Kentucky.  We’re doing fine…the weather is simply gorgeous…I just love the holidays.  I hope you are having a very happy season so far.  Christmas is now less than two weeks away.  Hang in there.

The staff at Watterson Trail does a fine job putting together the church newsletter “Watterson Trail Religious Reminder” each week.  This week it was my turn to write the article for the newsletter and you’ll find it below.  I have always been a prayerful preacher but lately, due to so many drastic changes in my life, I have not taken the time to pray as I should.  That changes today.

If you haven’t linked in to the WT Religious Reminder, please check it out on our website at www.wtcoc.com.  Our site is always a work in progress.  We are trying to show and share the love of our Savior Jesus Christ every day here in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

I came across this wonderful poem in my studies this week and it reminded me of my own weakness in daily prayer to my Father God.  I do not know who penned it.  I have renewed my vow to God today and into the coming New Year 2015 to ask, seek, and knock evermore as Jesus taught in Matthew 7:7, to pray fervently and without doubting (James 1:5-6; 5:16), and to pray long and without ceasing as Jesus demonstrated by word and example (Luke 6:12, 18:1).  As your minister at Watterson Trail, I want you to know me as a man of prayer.  May we, the church of Christ at Watterson Trail be known as a prayerful congregation of the Lord’s people.  When I decide (I have) and you decide (Will you?  I hope you will), then we have decided.  Let us pray.  Let us pray every day.  Let us pray when we know what to do and when we do not know what to do.  Let us pray when we are glad and when we are sad.  Let us pray when in the sunshine and in the rain.  Let us pray before, during, and after.  Let us pray and keep praying.  God hears.  He answers. 

YOU PRAYED FOR ME

You did not know my need,
Or that my heart was sore indeed,
Or that my fears I could not quell,
But you sensed that something wasn’t well,
                And so you prayed for me.

My path had turned from light to black,
There seemed to be no turning back,
Then in my loneliness I felt God near,
And down the road a light dawned clear,
                Because you prayed for me.

And as your prayer to heaven soared,
God did on me a blessing pour,
                Because you prayed for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment