Thursday, September 15, 2011

Have you had a good week? These are very busy times for everyone. In these busy times please remember to set proper personal priorities. Jesus commanded every Christian to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and our every need will be met (Matthew 6:33). We must not allow worldly activities and events to overshadow the duties and privileges we have as Christians. Every Lord’s Day and at other times as well, the church meets for Bible study, worship, and fellowship. As a member of the church I have the duty and the privilege of taking my place among my Christian brothers and sisters to encourage and be encouraged in my faith. I promise that I will do my part as a gospel preacher to provide Biblical, challenging, encouraging, interesting lessons and sermons every week aimed at helping us all grow in our walk with God. Our elders are committed to God and to their responsibility to meet our needs and lead us ever closer to heaven. Our deacons are committed to their individual roles as special servants to the church. It is my prayer that every member of the Enola Church of Christ will make Christ and His church the #1 priority in their lives at home, at work, at school, in the neighborhood, everywhere. Ask yourself: Am I reading my Bible every day? Is prayer a priority in my life every day? Do I look for opportunities to help someone in some way every day? Do I meet with the church at every opportunity? Am I committed to doing what I can to help the church grow every day? Am I living the Christian life the way I should? Am I enjoying my life as a Christian? If you can answer these questions with a “Yes,” that’s great. If not, then make the change you need to make to be all you can be for Jesus our Savior and Lord.

This Sunday morning we will continue in our series “The Bible – God’s Inspired Word to Humanity” with a lesson aimed at helping us understand and appreciate the benefits of the Bible. God’s word makes us wise to salvation. God’s word promotes faith in the life of every believer. The Bible nourishes our spiritual life. The Bible teaches us God’s will and teaches us how to worship, how to pray, how to give, how to organize our lives, how to live and how to die. When we understand and appreciate these benefits, we will read and rely on the Bible more and more every day.

This Sunday evening we will begin a new series entitled “The Way of the Cross.” Lesson one will be “The Requirements of the Way of the Cross.” Each letter in CROSS will provide our points: C – Courage, R – Reason, O – Obedience, S – Sacrifice, and S – Sincerity. We sometimes sing the song entitled “The Way of the Cross Leads Home.” Maybe we can sing this song (#343 in our books) before the sermon to get us started in the right direction.

I will be preaching at the Liberty Church of Christ on Highway 64 on Sunday afternoon, September 25th at 3:00 p.m. Our topic will be, “How Jesus Keeps Blessing Me Over and Over Again.” Please mark your calendar and plan on being present for this lesson. We can still make it back to Enola in plenty of time for our Sunday evening worship hour at 5:00.

Remember the Birthday and Anniversary Get-Together at the Burleson’s on September 25th immediately following our Sunday evening worship assembly. Bring your favorite finger food and come out to celebrate our September birthdays and anniversaries. Drinks and cake provided.

No comments:

Post a Comment